MPS Sustainable Tourism Management Admissions Requirements
Paul Smith’s College Graduate Education
Master of Professional Studies in Sustainable Tourism Management (32 credit hours)
- Completed Application for Admission must include:
- Paul Smith’s College online application
- Current resume/CV; Statement of Purpose (reason for applying and career interests) (500 words; maximum 2 pages single-spaced)
- Minimum of 1 Letter of Recommendation (2 preferred)
- Official copies of undergraduate academic transcripts: Completed undergraduate degree from an accredited 4-year institution with a grade-point average of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) either overall, within the student’s major, or in junior- and senior- level coursework.
- If your GPA does not meet our stated minimum requirement, and/or you feel it does not reflect your current ability to succeed in our graduate program, you may submit a supplemental letter to the application committee at firstname.lastname@example.org explaining your perspective and concerns.
- No GRE required.
- TOEFL exam score for students whose native language is not English. Minimum scores are 550 (paper) and 79 (internet) for admissions.
Statement of Purpose
The written statement of purpose should be typed, single-spaced, 500 words, maximum of 2 pages, and saved as a Word or PDF document. It should include the applicant’s name, date, and email address.
Essay prompt: Please summarize your professional and personal reasons for pursuing a master’s degree in Sustainable Tourism Management at Paul Smith’s College. State your career goals and how this degree reflects your interests, core values, and/or background. How will attaining this degree allow you to contribute to your profession, to society, and to the health of the environment? Describe why you are a strong candidate for graduate study based on your past accomplishments, skills, education, community engagement, or other qualifications.
Applicants may upload PDFs of any of the following:
- GRE (Graduate Record Examination) scores
- Relevant professional certifications
- Sample of professional writing