Master’s Program Admissions Requirements
Paul Smith’s College Graduate Education
Master of Science in Natural Resources Conservation (32 credit hours)
- Completed undergraduate degree from an accredited 4-year institution with a grade-point average of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) either overall, within the student’s major, or in junior- and senior-level coursework.
- If your GPA does not meet our stated minimum requirement, and/or you feel it does not reflect your current ability to succeed in our graduate program, you may submit a supplemental letter to the application committee at email@example.com explaining your perspective and concerns.
- Completed Application for Admission, including:
- Current resume/CV; Statement of Purpose (reason for applying and career interests) (500 words; maximum 2 pages single spaced)
- Minimum of 1 Letter of Recommendation (2 preferred)
- Official copies of undergraduate academic transcripts
- The required documentation outlined above should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org upon submission of your application.
- Familiarity with basic statistics, usually established by having completed an undergraduate statistics course or its equivalent. Please click this link for additional information on the statistics competency.
- Familiarity with Geographic Information Systems (GIS). Please click this link for additional information on GIS competency.
- TOEFL exam score for students whose native language is not English. Minimum scores are 550 (paper) and 79 (internet) for admission.
- No GRE required.
Statement of Purpose
The written statement of purpose should be typed, single spaced, 500 words, maximum of 2 pages, and saved as a Word or PDF document. It should include applicant’s name, the date and email address.
Essay prompt: Please summarize your professional and personal reasons for pursuing a master’s degree in Natural Resources Conservation at Paul Smith’s College. State your career goals and how this degree reflects your interests, core values, and/or background. How will attaining this degree allow you to contribute to your profession, to society, and to the health of natural resources? Describe why you are a strong candidate for graduate study based on your past accomplishments, skills, education, community engagement or other qualifications.
Applicants may upload PDFs of any of the following:
- GRE (Graduate Record Examination) scores
- Relevant professional certifications
- Sample of professional writing